Square-Enix is back with a new port of their classic RPG developed for consoles. This time, Dragon Quest VIII has made its appearance for the mobile format, trying to keep the same essence of its first version for PS2 almost ten years after its original release in Japan. Available to download for Android and iOS, this new title will make sure you can recall the same experience.
The plot remains the same as it was; the kingdom of Trodian is in danger after the court jester steals an ancient scepter. The magic of this long-dormant item has cast a curse upon the kingdom, turning the king into a troll, princess Medea into a horse and the rest of the inhabitants into plants. Only a young unnamed guard warrior is free from this malign relic’s effects. Your duty is to save your land with the help of Angelo, Jessica and the bandit Yangus by your side.
Dragon Quest VIII has been ported successfully to smartphones and tablets
The aspect of the title is similar to what we have seen in the first installment. With a cel-shaded style, the game has been designed by Akira Toriyama, Japanese manga artist known by Dragon Ball and Dr Slump, takes a more personal style following the essence of the previous titles of the saga. Dragon Quest VIII has been ported successfully to smartphones and tablets, changing the landscape view mode to the portrait mode, making possible to play it one-handed with the virtual directional pad, or the two-handed mode, each way is available. The download of this version will take you back to the same old game you remember, adapted to new interfaces.
As a classic Japanese role-playing game, it includes a turn-based system in which you will have to set up your strategies before finally engaging in the battles. You can use different skills depending on what is required due to the situation. From magic attacks to physical warrior hits, each new enemy that you encounter on the world map field will have a weakness. By discovering it, you will have a valuable advantage at the battle.
Besides the usual attack system, Dragon Quest VIII features a system in which you can store tension during the battle, powering up your strength. Gathering enough tension, your character will enter into the super-high tension mode, in which your fearsome attacks will be powerful enough to get rid of any enemy.
The Alchemy system of the game makes it possible to create new items by fusing those that you already own. Seek the different recipes spread through the world in order to get special items. The casino is back with new activities that will take your attention off the adventure storyline for a while. Enjoy the roulette, the slot machines and the bingo and win special prizes.
Dragon Quest VIII 1.0.1 Features
Find the main features of Dragon Quest VIII to download for Android and iOS:
- Revival of the classic Dragon Quest series where a fearful long-dormant magic has been awakened from its slumber due to the treachery of a jester
- Set the kingdom of Trodian free from the curse cast upon it
- Cel-shading visual design optimized for mobile device interfaces with beautiful environments
- Challenging journey with charming characters like Jessica, Angelo, Yangus and the main unnamed protagonist warrior
- Customized equipment system using two-handed weapons or whatever you feel necessary
- Avoid scouted enemies in the field and explore the dungeons from the fantasy world
- Use the control system you want, either one or two-handed, the choice is only yours
- AUTO system has been added to make the game easier for casual players
- Alchemy item system for fusing different objects you store
- Play at the casino and win useful prizes for little cost
Discover more details clicking in the following official game site .
Find the minimum requirements for running Dragon Quest VIII on your mobile device:
- Operating System: Android 4.0, iOS 6 or later
- Size: 1.4GB free space on the device